24 January 2007

a cyber respite.

it's true. I have been remiss.
But.
Not content to just "update my website" with new projects, (how GAUCHE), I am toiling away at a redesign, which is so on the cusp of being finished that I am salivating, if it is possible to do such a thing online.
Coco, I don't know if there will be dancing ladies, but I am striving, oh how I am striving.

I'm aiming for the end of the week to upload said site, and I pray you, be patient. You bloggy sorts will no doubt appreciate my new html efforts in this latest venture in websitedom. It is true, I have discovered....(cyber drum roll) SLICES. (sounds of accelerated heartbeat and heavy breathing) Goodness.

In the meanwhile.
Discovered this quite by accident whilst writing a (thumpa thumpa) letter this evening.
(No, like a Real letter. THEY STILL EXIST. IT'S TRUE. And I'm BACK OFF THE BANDWAGON, GLORY BE)
But yes.
I dropped my thesaurus, a formidable tome, and as I leaned down to pick it up, I saw that the honorable sorts in Oxford have provided us english speakers with three synonyms for "man on the Clapham Omnibus".
These are: (in order of importance) "hoi polloi", "people", and "plebeian"

How extraordinarily competent of them.

No comments: